If you have never been a fan of the bland-tasting eggplant, this recipe will change your mind. Shake things up with this delicious bake filled with juicy eggplant and spicy sambal with a little crunch!
Serves 2. Makes 2 galettes
Preparation time : 30 mins
200g melted butter
1 tsp salt
Water, as needed
1 large Eggplant
20g Ikan Bilis
5 red chilies, deseeded
1 onion, diced
3 shallots, diced
4 garlic cloves, diced
1 tbsp sugar
½ cup cooking oil
Bawang goreng (fried onions) to serve
1. Mix butter, flour and salt to form a dough, using your hand. Dust with all purpose flour. Not much kneading required. Roll out with rolling pin on counter top or on parchment paper.
2. Fry cubed eggplant and ikan bilis.
3. Blend chilies, onion, shallots, garlic cloves, sugar, lime juice and cooking oil to make sambal.
4. Fry chili mixture for 5-10 minutes until it becomes a sambal.
5. Add eggplant and ikan bilis.
6. Roll dough out to form a circle and place eggplant mixture in the center.
7. Fold sides, brush with egg and bake for 20 minutes at 120℃.
8. Serve with bawang goreng.
Ep 4 // 21 Sep 2017
Chantek: Unboxing Peek-A-Box x hurr.tv bersama Nabihah Ellysa
Ep 6 // 21 Sep 2017
Cuba Teka Apa Tu… Tasnim Shah?
Ep 12 // 20 Sep 2017
Pasta La Vista with Melissa Th’ng
Ep 12 // 5 Sep 2016
A Piece Of Cake
Ep 21 // 6 Sep 2016
Road To Miss Universe Malaysia 2017 | EP 9
Ep 9 // 24 Aug 2016