In this first episode of Eat Me Now!, we put a little local flair into tomato-based meatball pasta. Watch the vibrant plate redolent of chili padi heat come to life and have a ball with this homemade meal, one of these rainy nights!
Preparation time : 30 minutes
350g Minced beef
3 slices of bread
2 green bird’s eye chilies (chili padi)
2 red bird’s eye chilies (chili padi)
1 small egg
1 red onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
1. Remove bread crust.
2. Soak 3 bread slices in whole milk for 2 minutes. Slice 2 green and 2 red chili padi and mix in.
3. Add 1 small egg, chili powder, cumin, fennel, black pepper, salt and 350g minced beef into the mixture.
4. Knead the mushy mix.
5. Make into meatballs using an ice cream scoop. Lay out on a greased baking tray.
6. Pop into preheated oven (at 180 degrees ℃) for 15 minutes. Set aside.
1. Dice 1 red onion and 3 cloves of garlic.
2. Heat oil in a wide-open pan.
3. Saute onions and garlic.
4. Pour in canned tomatoes. Let boil for 5 minutes.
5. Add spices: local basil, black pepper, salt, chili powder.
6. Add meatballs. Boil again.
Serve pasta with generous scoops of sauce and meatballs. Garnish with chili padi, feta and coriander.