It’s that time of year when families from near and far get together and share stories, laughter and food…Here is a recipe to warm your home. Have an egg-cellent time this Christmas weekend with this effortless recipe for a foolproof breakfast : Poached Eggs in Tomato sauce!…even Santa won’t be able to resist it!
A portion for 4pax
Preparation time : 30 mins
2 cans of diced tomatoes
½ tsp salt
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 large chilies
3 cloves of garlic
1 can of chickpeas
1 green capsicum
1 cup cheese
Bread to serve
1. Dice the eggplant, capsicum, onion & garlic.
2. Slice the chillies.
3. Drizzle the eggplant and capsicum with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
4. Roast the eggplant and capsicum for 15 minutes.
5. Saute the onion and garlic cloves and add salt, cumin, paprika and the chillies. Use an oven safe pan.
6. Pour in canned tomatoes.
7. Add in the eggplant & capsicum.
8. Make grooves in the mixture and crack the eggs into the grooves.
9. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
10.Bake for 12 minutes at 180℃.
11.Serve with bread.